Search This Blog

Welcome

Welcome to the site hope you enjoy your stay here.


We are a book blog showing their love for various authors and genres. Totally unbiased reviews, some movie reviews, and other things of interest. Show your love of books and authors along with us.


All books that are reviewed are bought buy us unless stated otherwise. All reviews are subject to the post author. Pictures shown are via google photo search, all rights are to the original artists.


If you are a book author looking for the review I would love to hear from you drop me a line and we'll work out the details.

Blogfest Be There or Be Square

What I am currently reading

What I am currently reading
All books shown on this site unless otherwise stated are property of Book Lover's Blog. She has paid money for them unless otherwise specified. All pictures are via google and the credit for the picture goes to the original artist. All reviews are property of the Author posting them.

No monetary money has been sent to me for these reviews.
Books that are sent to me from publishers I will clearly state, in the review that is where they are from.

Reviews under Book Reviews are property of Book Lover as they are her thoughts and opinions and are honest and truthful views and not the views of another. All rights are reserved.

All books used in giveaways have been acquired by Book Lover so keep in mind that, when entering contests know that she is using her own resources for this.

Book Lover does this to show her love of books, and her love of her dedicated follows.

Have a great time here, enjoy yourselves and feel free to jump in the discussions.

Sister Book Blogs

This is from Cecile of All I Want And More site and Jackie at Jackie's Blog. So thank you for the aid

Photobucket
Tynga's Reviews Photobucket" http://www.communitybookstop.net Photobucket" /> Leontine's Book Realm
Coffee Table Press
CMash Loves to Read”=
The Story Siren
Photobucket
The Story Siren Star Shadow Writing Is A Blessing
The Book Buff
BlogButton
Photobucket
Blog With Bite
The Book Vixen
Reading with Tequila
The Book Buff
Photobucket
Alternative Name The Nerd's Wife

Blog Anniversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Thursday, August 5, 2010

What happens when you are marked and now that you can't live a normal life?  Well Zoey knows that her only rescue of being marked is to get to the house of night.  Of course that is easier said then done.  As she goes home and her stepfather prepares to have religion shoved down her throat to some how save her.  So she runs to her Grandmother who knows what Zoey needs.  She takes her to the House of Night.  Where Zoey will get guidance, loving friends, and the education she needs while she waits to see if her body will accept the change or not.

I really liked this book as it went beyond the typical vampire book, which doesn't deal much with the change that happens when one gets marked, or in some stories bitten.  I like how she had to overcome some obstacles.  If it was too easy for her to fit in then what kind of story would it be?

There really wasn't much I didn't enjoy about the book you had your bully, and your hero, and of course there is always a cute boy to attract the heroine.  I especially like Zoey's mentor.  There are times she sounds like a mentor that a lot of people wouldn't mind calling mom.

I think P.C. Cast hit on something and I think what makes the series extra special is that she wrote it with her daughter Kristin Cast, which must be such a great thing.  Cause many years from now they will be able to sit back and recall when they wrote a series that caught an audience.

I give this 5 cups.  It's great and even adults can read it and can recall identifying with atlas one character if not more.  I can't wait to start Betrayed.  

2 comments:

Autumn said...

I just read this one recently along with the second book in the series. I liked them both. However, I'm currently reading the third book in the series and now I'm getting a little tired of them. They're getting kind of repetitive I guess.

Savannah said...

That is exactly how I feel about this series. Its repetative and they make the same mistakes over and over, and they never learn. I get tired of hearing them talk about all the problem going on when they could of solved it easier in the first place. I stopped reading this series atfer Burned. It totally diappointed me.

Subscribe Via E-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Summer Lovin' Giveaway

My Really Cool Followers

Grab My Button

Photobucket

Book Rating System

Book Rating System
Paula's bookshelf: to-read

Two Cats, Three TalesClub DeadA Wrinkle in TimeWitch and WizardMossy CreekObstacles Welcome: How to Turn Adversity into Advantage in Business and in Life

More of Paula's books »
Paula Mitchell's to-read book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Pump Up Your Books